A to Z of Recruitment & Selection Skills Toolkit
A new practical Toolkit from HR Performance currently in production
Designed to complement other Toolkits and People Development resources available from HR Performance. The A to Z of Recruitment & Selection Skills Toolkit will cover 26 core areas of the recruitment and selection process and will include 78 practical resources ranging from ready to use templates to manage every element of recruitment and selection - as well as quality step by step guidance to recruit professionally. The following is a draft outline of the content currently being developed for this Toolkit - and which will be updated as the release date gets nearer:
A. Resignation of an existing employee...
1. Acknowledgement of Resignation Letter
2. Leaver Form
B. Exit Interview for resigning employee...
3. Exit Interview Questionnaire
4. Guidance on completion of Exit Interview
5. Guidance on what actions to be taken following completion of Exit Interview
C. Analyse the Role Performed of the employee who is leaving or for the role that is being created...
6. Guidance on how to analyse role of outgoing employee (or new role) and understanding the business requirements of the role going forward
D. Review or create the Job Description for the vacancy...
7. Job Description with Key Result Areas for each employee's role
E. What Changes are Required to the Role & Job Description based upon the review...
8. Job Description & Key Result Area Template
9. Coaching of line managers to write JD's & KRA's
F. Create the Person Specification for the ideal candidate...
10. Person Specification Template
11. Guidance on drafting a Person Specification
12. Job advert requisition authorisation
G. Using the new Job Description & the Person Specification Draft the Advert...
13. Job Vacancy Advertising Template
14. Guidance on drafting a Job Advertisement
H. Unless there are specific and objective reasons not to Advertise the Role Internally...
15. Internal Job Advert Template
16. Guidance on completing Internal Job Advert Template and how to circulate vacancy internally
I. Identify the best place to Advertise the Vacancy Externally...
17. Guidance on how to place external adverts
18. List of approved advertising agencies
19. List of approved employment agencies
20. List of approved publications
J. How to Manage the Response to the advertisement of the role...
21. Guidance on managing recruitment advertising response
22. Use of Application Form
23. Use of Equal Opportunities Form
24. Template copy for acknowledging receipt of applications
K. Processing the applications to Produce a Shortlist for assessment...
25. Guidance on criteria for shortlisting
26. Template copy for rejecting applicants without interview
27. Template copy for rejecting applicants but keeping their details on file for possible future vacancies
28. Template copy for inviting shortlisted applicants to be assessed
L. Preparation of Assessment of Shortlisted Applicants...
29. Overview of different assessment methods to be used and their merits
30. Development of assessment process
31. Development of various assessment tools appropriate to the position being recruited including Company presentation slides; Company information guides; perks and benefits of the job fact sheets; competency questionnaires; assessment templates appropriate to differing roles; structured interviews etc.
M. Conducting of Recruitment Assessment Process for shortlisted applicants...
32. Guidance on conducting each assessment process
33. Coaching for line managers to facilitate assessment centres
N. Marking of Assessment Process and understanding results...
34. Guidance on interpreting data from assessment process
35. Template summary assessment results form
36. Template copy for inviting successful applicants to 2nd interview
37. Guidance on providing feedback to unsuccessful applicants
38. Template copy for rejecting candidates who are unsuccessful following assessment process
O. Conducting a 2nd Interview with successful applicants...
39. Guidance on conducting face to face 2nd interviews
40. Interview Skills Coaching for line managers
41. Template questions to ask at final interview
P. Deciding on the Successful Applicant from 2nd interviews...
42. Guidance on making appointment decisions
43. Template for objective scoring of 2nd applicants
44. Template copy for rejecting candidates who are unsuccessful following 2nd interviews
Q. Making an Verbal Offer of Employment to the preferred applicant...
45. Techniques and considerations when telephoning preferred applicant to make a job offer
46. Negotiation strategies for dealing with greater demands
R. Making a Written Formal Offer of Employment to the preferred applicant...
47. Guidance on appointing a new starter
48. Template offer letter for new starter covering fixed term; temp to perm and permanent employees
49. Template contract of employment for a new starter covering fixed term; temp to perm and permanent employee
50. Issuing Employee Handbook
S. The importance of Taking up References on new employees...
51. Guidance on taking up references on new employees
52. Template reference request letter
53. Techniques for managing the return of references
54. How to deal with lack of references or poor references
T. Preparing for the new employee's start date...
55. Guidance on considerations for the line manager to prepare for the new employees first day
56. Checklist for line managers to ensure all areas are covered
U. Day 1 of the new employee
57. Guidance on welcoming the new employee to the Company and their role
58. Checklist for line manager to manage the employee first day and create the correct first impression
59. Structured Induction Programme
V. Week 1 of the new employee...
60. Guidance for line managers on supporting new recruit through to the end of their first week in the new role
61. Guidance for line managers on how to manage under-performance or other issues
62. End of Week 1 review template
W Month 1 of the new employee...
63. Guidance for line managers on supporting new recruit through to the end of their first month in the new role
64. Guidance for line managers on how to manage under-performance or other issues at this stage
65. End of Month 1 review template
X. Month 2 of the new employee...
66. Guidance for line managers on supporting new recruit through to the end of their second month in the new role
67. Guidance for line managers on how to manage under-performance or other issues at this stage
68. End of Month 2 review template
Y. Month 3 of the new employee...
69. Guidance for line managers on supporting new recruit through to the end of the probationary period
70. Guidance for line managers on how to extend the probationary period where performance has not reached the required standards
71. Guidance for line managers on the steps to follow where termination of employment needs to take place as a consequence on the employee not satisfactorily completing the probationary period
72. Template termination letter for unsatisfactory completion of the probationary period
73. End of probationary review template where probation has been completed satisfactorily
74. Template letter confirming satisfactory completion of the probationary period
Z. What happens now...
75. Guidance on activating employment benefits that are dependent on the completion of probation
76. Template letter confirming entitlement and activation of employment benefits
77. Guidance for line managers on incorporating new employee into performance appraisal system
78. Guidance for line managers on how to incorporate new employees post induction training and development needs into the Company Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
Due to be released in the first half of 2018
Final content is subject to change
Ahead of this Toolkit being released, please do not hesitate to register your interest in being the first to be notified as soon as it is available.