Level 2 Professional Award in Stakeholder Negotiations
Welcome to the Level 2 Professional Award in Stakeholder Negotiations...
...a practical workshop from Human Performance which has been written to substantially meet the relevant knowledge and understanding requirements of the Skills CFA National Occupational Standards (NOS) from the Business & Administration suite of NOS. The Level 2 Professional Award in Stakeholder Negotiations will lead to candidates achieving a Level 2 Continual Professional Development (CPD) certificate.
National Occupational Standard Covered
- Unit CFA BAG 124 - Business & Administration Contribute to negotiations in a business environment
This Level 2 Professional Award in Stakeholder Negotiations has been designed for anyone that has to achieve results with - and through - others over whom they do not exert direct authority or control. For candidates that would like to improve their communication skills and directly affect the results of their day to day work and projects this course will prove invaluable.
No previous qualifications are required to gain access on to this workshop - just a desire to learn simple but effective negotiation techniques and enhance career development. A multiple choice paper has to be completed at the close of the course so a good standard of reading and writing is essential.
This Level 2 Professional Award in Stakeholder Negotiations is a highly participative and practical workshop that will enable all candidates to develop their skills towards the NOS detailed above.
Throughout the workshop individual review and reflection, practical exercises and group work are utilised to develop a clearer understanding of the core elements of negotiation; influence and persuasion. All candidates receive a detailed workshop manual and a back to work action plan designed to encourage use of the new knowledge and to assist in developing competence.
This Level 2 Professional Award in Stakeholder Negotiations comprises one unit entitled 'Negotiating Successful Solutions', made up of 13 guided learning hours delivered across 2 x 8 hour sessions. It is mandatory that candidates attend and complete all sessions, as well as pass a multiple choice exam paper, in order to achieve the award. The exam paper consists of 30 questions and is graded as follows: Pass 15-20 marks; Merit 21-25 marks; Distinction 26+ marks.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Learning Outcome 1: Understand the fundamentals of negotiation
- Learning Outcome 2: Understand how to conduct successful negotiations
This Level 2 Professional Award in Stakeholder Negotiations aims to introduce candidates to the process of negotiation and develop their understanding of how to influence and persuade others, illustrating how this can be applied in many different work situations. Such situations may include communicating with colleagues, peers, staff and line managers, as well as with the many other stakeholders that are essential to the success of the candidate's work.
Candidates will learn a working definition of what negotiation is and will recognise the situations that require negotiation, as well as the two situations in which it cannot occur. They will discover the three important points to consider when preparing to negotiate and will understand the purpose of negotiations and what constitutes a win/win outcome.
Candidates will be briefed on a negotiation case study and then have the opportunity to practise the skills covered in the module "Preparing for Negotiations". Participants will receive facilitator feedback to challenge them and help them develop their learning from the case study.
The concepts of influence and persuasion will be introduced and the differences between the two will be identified by means of a practical exercise. Candidates will receive a supplementary handbook featuring and explaining the eleven areas of influence and a second handbook highlighting the nine characteristics of persuasive people. The workshop will conclude with an overview of the six stages in the negotiation process and preparation of a back to work influencing plan.
All candidates that attend and complete all workshop sessions and achieve a minimum of 50% in the multiple choice paper will receive the Level 2 Professional Award in Stakeholder Negotiations CPD certificate.
- Tutor facilitation and input
- Group activity and discussion
- Case studies and role play
- Multiple choice exam paper
Course Timings / Refreshments
The workshop is delivered over two consecutive days, commencing promptly at 9.00am and finishing at 5.00pm. Each session will last for 50 minutes followed by a 10 minute break. Candidates should arrive at 8.45am for breakfast, lunch will be served at 12.30pm and tea, coffee and water are available throughout.
Maximum of 15 candidates
All candidates will receive a comprehensive workshop manual with quality session summary sheets covering each element of the course to enable full utilisation of the learning back in the workplace.
The Level 2 Professional Award in Stakeholder Negotiations is facilitated by endorsed advanced facilitators who have undergone a minimum of 20 years of real-life business management and leadership experience - ensuring that all course delivery is of the highest quality.
- Introduction to Negotiation Skills
- Situations That Require Negotiation
- Understanding When Negotiation Cannot Happen
- Three Considerations for Negotiating
- Negotiation Role Play - Activity 1
- Recognising the Purpose of Negotiations
PREPARING FOR NEGOTIATIONS
- What are the Goals?
- Negotiation Case Study Information - Part 1
- Negotiation Case Study Information - Part 2
- Worksheet - Establishing the Goals
- What are the Tradeables?
- Worksheet - Identify the Tradeables
- What are the Alternatives?
- What is the Intend?
- What is the Fallback?
- What Authority is Required?
THE IMPORTANCE OF INFLUENCE
- Understanding Influence versus Persuasion
- The Difference between Influence & Persuasion
- The Importance of Influence
- Areas of Influence during Negotiations Worksheet
- Handbook - The Eleven Areas of Influence
- How Have You Used Influence in Previous Negotiations?
- Negotiation Case Study & Role Play - Part 3a
- Negotiation Case Study & Role Play - Part 3b
THE POWER OF PERSUASION
- How Good Are You at Persuasion?
- An Overview of the Importance of the Nine
- Persuasive Skills
- Handbook - Nine Characteristics of Persuasive People
- Negotiation Case Study & Role Play - Part 4
- How Effective Are You As A Persuader?
- The six Stages in the Negotiation Process
- Negotiation Case Study & Role Play - Part 5
- Negotiation Case Study & Role Play - Part 6a
- Negotiation Case Study & Role Play - Part 6b
- Back to Work Influencing Plan
ASSESSMENT FOR CPD PROFESSIONAL AWARD
- Structured workshop review with facilitator
- Candidate personal revision time
- Multiple choice paper assessment