Level 2 Professional Award in Team Leadership
Welcome to the Level 2 Professional Award in Team Leadership...
...a practical workshop from Human Performance which has been written to substantially meet the relevant knowledge and understanding requirements of the Skills CFA National Occupational Standards (NOS) from the Management & Leadership suite of NOS. The Level 2 Professional Award in Team Leadership will lead to candidates achieving a Level 2 Continual Professional Development (CPD) certificate.
National Occupational Standards Covered
- Unit CFA M&L BA3 - Management & Leadership Lead your team
- Unit CFA M&L DB2 - Management & Leadership Allocate work to team members
This Level 2 Professional Award in Team Leadership has been designed specifically to provide the stepping stone required for employees who wish to take on team leadership responsibilities in the future. The course is particularly useful for organisations wishing to offer a structured succession plan for their future requirements of line management.
No previous qualifications are required to gain access on to this workshop - just a desire to learn simple but effective management and leadership techniques and enhance career development. A multiple choice paper has to be completed at the close of the course so a good standard of reading and writing is essential.
This Level 2 Professional Award in Team Leadership is a highly participative and practical workshop that will enable all candidates to develop their skills towards the NOS detailed above. Group work, discussion, practical activities and observation are all used to maximise the candidate's skills and knowledge retention.
Each leadership skill is discussed in detail and candidates are provided with practical activities to help them understand the various techniques covered and to enable these skills to be fully utilised when back in the workplace. All candidates receive a detailed workshop manual and a back to work action plan designed to encourage use of the new knowledge and to assist in developing competence.
This Level 2 Professional Award in Team Leadership comprises one unit entitled 'An Introduction to Management and Leadership Techniques', made up of 13 guided learning hours delivered across 2 x 8 hour sessions. It is mandatory that candidates attend and complete all sessions, as well as pass a multiple choice exam paper, in order to achieve the award. The exam paper consists of 30 questions and is graded as follows: Pass 15-20 marks; Merit 21-25 marks; Distinction 26+ marks.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Learning Outcome 1: Understand the fundamentals of management and leadership
- Learning Outcome 2: Understand how to be an effective team leader
This Level 2 Professional Award in Team Leadership aims to introduce candidates to the core processes of management and leadership through a simple but effective leadership model, aligned closely to five practical techniques which will develop skills and enable them to become a successful team leader. This course will provide candidates with a clear route for career progression into junior management and allow them to assume additional responsibilities for other team members. Success at this Level 2 Professional Award - followed by six months in a management role - will enable a candidate to gain access to our Level 3 Professional Award in Management & Leadership Techniques in the future.
Candidates will be introduced to the concept of management and leadership and understand the difference between them and know when to use the strengths from each. Through a practical activity they will reflect upon their current view of the two different concepts and examine them in more detail before recognising the various qualities that management and leadership require. This session will be concluded and summarised with an appreciation of the essential qualities exhibited by effective managers and leaders.
Next, there will be an overview of the three levels of leadership in business, followed by an introduction to a simple yet effective team leadership model. Candidates will discover how to apply this team leadership approach to develop their line management ability. The remainder of the course will concentrate on five key leadership functions, which candidates will practice using a structured practical activity to focus on enhancing the development of these skills.
Please note: This course is an introduction to management and leadership and is clearly focused on developing the knowledge and understanding requirements, as well as the core skills, that candidates will require to successfully move into a junior management role in the future. To fully meet - and be measured against - the benchmark of these NOS, candidates will need to undertake a team leadership role (or similar line management responsibility) in the future and put into practice the knowledge and understanding from this course to develop their competence, as well as undertake further appropriate continual professional development against these units.
All candidates that attend and complete all workshop sessions and achieve a minimum of 50% in the multiple choice paper will receive the Level 2 Professional Award in Team Leadership CPD certificate.
- Tutor facilitation and input
- Group activity and discussion
- Case studies and role play
- Multiple choice exam paper
Course Timings / Refreshments
The workshop is delivered over two consecutive days, commencing promptly at 9.00am and finishing at 5.00pm. Each session will last for 50 minutes followed by a 10 minute break. Candidates should arrive at 8.45am for breakfast, lunch will be served at 12.30pm and tea, coffee and water are available throughout.
Maximum of 15 candidates
All candidates will receive a comprehensive workshop manual with quality session summary sheets covering each element of the course to enable full utilisation of the learning back in the workplace.
The Level 2 Professional Award in Team Leadership is facilitated by endorsed advanced facilitators who have undergone a minimum of 20 years of real-life business management and leadership experience - ensuring that all course delivery is of the highest quality.
- Introduction to management and leadership
- Defining the meaning of management and leadership
- What is management?
- What is leadership?
- The qualities of management
- The qualities of leadership
- Have you experienced management or leadership?
- The most important personal qualities of the leader
- Qualities essential to effective leadership
- Summarising the differences between management and leadership
- The three levels of leadership
ACTION CENTRED LEADERSHIP
- Action centred leadership
- Understanding the responsibilities of action centred leadership
- The responsibilities for achieving the task
- The responsibilities for managing the team
- The responsibilities for managing individuals
THE CORE FUNCTIONS OF LEADERSHIP
- The functions of a leader
- Using a modus operandi in team leadership
- Techniques for setting goals
- Management and leadership activity - setting goals
- Techniques for developing a plan
- Management and leadership activity - developing the plan
- Controlling the team
- Management and leadership activity - controlling the activity
- Management and leadership activity - complete the task
- Management and leadership activity - evaluating performance
- Management and leadership activity - how do you like to receive feedback?
- Techniques for giving feedback
- How to give feedback and boost performance
COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
- Communicating with teams and individuals
- Closed questions
- Active open questions
- Passive open questions
- Counter-productive questioning
- Listening skills to improve communication
- Management and leadership activity - do you actively listen?
- Practical steps to improve your listening skills
- How to be a leader
ASSESSMENT FOR CPD PROFESSIONAL AWARD
- Structured workshop review with facilitator
- Candidate personal revision time
- Multiple choice paper assessment